Why Dhoni is a courageous captain?
Turning back few pages from the book of his life, here are the most interesting and appreciable things about this star:
1. He was born on July 7, 1981 and did his schooling from DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Shyamali in Ranchi. Dhoni worked as a Train Ticket Examiner (TTE) for Indian Railways from 2001 to 2003 before creating his international debut.
2. He made his international inauguration in an ODI game contrary to Bangladesh on December 23, 2004. While his Test debut was against Sri Lanka on Dec 2, 2005.
3. Dhoni was selected as a captain of Indian cricket team in 2007 for ICC World Twenty20 in South Africa. He showed his leadership strategies in pitch and grabbed the World cup.
4. Dhoni is on the top of the chart of Forbes richest cricketers list with a net worth of $65 million.
5. A mind blowing fact about Dhoni is that he is the one and only captain in Indian cricket history to have won all three ICC global labels – World T20 2007, 2011 World Cup (50 overs) and 2013 Champions Trophy (50 overs).
6. He became only the second Indian cricket team captain after Kapil Dev to lift the ICC World cup in 2011 where he also notched an undefeated and match-winning 91 runs.
7. India became the number one Test side in ICC Rankings in December 2009 under his leadership. He was bestowed the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award, India’s highest honour for accomplishment in sports.
8. He was named the ICC ODI Player of the Year two times that is, 2008 and 2009.
9. He has slashed more than 4000 runs in Test match while, has gone on to score more than 8000 runs in the limited overs setup. He has also made 849 runs in the international T20 matches.