Good morning sunshine! Looking to start a day with the shining mood and body? Yoga is the perfect solution.
We all love beds, of course! All of us in our life span get the keeda to wake up early at four or five in the morning and do yoga; but all goes in vain. Somehow we manage to ping alarm and wake up early but getting out of bed is the crux of the matter. The good thing with yoga is you can perform it on the bed itself!
Your daily routine should start with meditation taking few breaths and chanting Om! Om! Om! which will calm your body and soul and will help you start a fresh morning. Yoga helps to ease your muscular tension and have a restful night. Allow your body to feel new transitions and you need to perform this before having a meal. Few asanas are listed below that you can do without leaving your bed.
- Supta Badhha Konasana
A hip opener and deeply relaxing asana which can open you mind nerves. Along with this, this asana opens your pelvis, chest and abdomen.
It is also known by the name of Goddess pose.
- For the first step, you need to lie down on your back.
- Bend knees and bring closer the soles of your feet together.
- Try to bring your feet and hips as close as possible and stay in this position for some time.
- Take a couple of long breaths; inhale and exhale.
- Remain in this position for minimum fifteen minutes to make this asana effective.
Practice this asana early in the morning as at that time the stomach is empty. Have your meals 6-7 hours before performing this asana to get the food properly digested.
- Sit with your legs stretched in front of you and toes flexed towards you.
- Take a deep breath and raise your arms over the head.
- Exhale and move forward touching your feet in such a way that your chin must reach your knees.
- Try to move as forward as possible. Inhale and elongate your spine by lifting your head
- Then, exhale and move your navel towards your knees.
- Repeat this asana a couple of times.
This is the best asana to cure back pains and stiff-shoulders. Gomukhasana is the best to help functioning of kidneys thereby helping one suffering from diabetes.
- Posing in fire log pose, interchange your legs by putting your left leg into right thigh and vice-versa.
- Bring your knees as close as possible on remaining at the same position as in step (a).
- Place your right arm over your right shoulder and stretch it to the fullest so that you can reach your left hand.
- The process of inhalation and exhalation must be on-going.
- Ensure to practice so that your right hand touch left hand.
This is a pleasure pose and it is quite easy pose for all age groups. This helps in spiritual wellness and improves the wellbeing of a person. Along with improving posture, sukhasana helps to elongate your spine and upper back.
- Stretch out your legs and make your spine erect.
- Cross your legs one onto the other and foot in the leg keeping the knees wide.
- Forming a triangle, cross your shins and thighs.
- Keep a wide gap between pelvis and feet. Keep your pelvis in neutral position.
- Breathe deeply and sit as much as possible in such a comfortable position.